Old 26-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Lorraine_6865 Lorraine_6865 is offline
Registered User

Location: Lancashire
Smile

Thank you all very much for your help, firstly I managed to purchase a book on shrub's by Roger Phillips & Martyn Rix (Cheers Kay) Its great & helped a great deal with lots of pictures, I'm still looking for the Gardeners Encyclopedia by DK as this will help with some of the other plants.

Emry's you were spot on with the "Pink Shrub" thats exactley it & without a photo too, I have spent ages on Daves Garden Site & its proving really useful so thanks for that!

I am in the process of taking photo's of everything in the garden & hopefully soon they will all have names! Well off I go again with my camera....(maybe I should publish a book called "The beginers guide to plant recognition" when I'm done .....lol)

Once again thank you all very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine_6865
I have recently moved into a new house and inherited a rather large garden which was over grown, I am about half way through the weeds and managed to find several small trees, Large & small shrubs and some plants.

Hanging baskets have been my limit until now so identifying them all is proving quite difficult, I have purchased several gardening books & magazines but they only seem to be helpful if you already know which plant you are dealing with (which of course I don't) I have one which is currently called "That nice pink shrub on the lefthand side" & "that lovely purple one at the bottom of the garden"

Does anybody know of a site with plenty of photo's that I may find useful, I need to know what they all are!

Any help will be most appreciated....