Old 26-06-2005, 10:53 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article , J Rob
wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article ,
jOhN wrote:

snipped

p.s. the wasp is somewhat aggressive toward humans and was always
folowing the wrong path so I needed to zap it

You did good.
Sorry, but I LIKE spiders and to me at least, the tarantula is far more
useful than the wasp as a garden predator!

Well, paper wasps actually do a pretty good job. They patrol for things
like caterpillars and leafhoppers and such. As long as their little
paper bell is in an out of the way place, they aren't much trouble.
I only knock them down if they decide to build over my doorway or
similar busy location.

I agree. And I leave my paper wasp nests alone unless they are near a
doorway! Then they gotta go.

I meant that I found T's to be more useful than what prey's on them. ;-)
Mud daubers are good at taking out sphinx moth larvae.

But I think you knew that.......

But I could appreciate the need to eliminate this hymenopteran slightly
smaller than a sparrow as I understand it... a sting would ruin your
day, or maybe several days.

Indeed!

Cheers!
--