Old 26-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Dave

lol

I would love to buy an Aloe Vera plant, but I cant seem to find a source of
the Aloe Barbadensis Miller variety here in UK.

"Scott Coutts" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
Hi

Thanks for this reply, it does help me to understand what they are
talking about.

If the bottle is sealed would it need to be refrigerated before it was
opened? Would the yeast and other bacteria grow while sealed. Or does
this mean it would need to be refrigerated and consumed within a few
weeks after opening?

If the yeasts are already in the bottle, they will not care that it is
sealed and they will still grow. Usually when product labels instruct you
to refrigerate after opening, it is because you are letting bugs into the
bottle which will then grow. Usually these products are sterile or, at
least, pateurised (heat treated) before packaging, and they're packaged
into sterile containers and sealed. Keeping it cold wont do it any harm
regardless of whether it needs it or not.

Perhaps the best option for you would be to buy an aloe vera plant! You'd
certainly get it as fresh as you want it. I dont know anything about
growing them, or how fast they grow, but I certainly know that you can do
it.

Scott.