Old 26-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Stubby

chilli-heads.com wrote:
Anybody on here like to grow chilli peppers? I've been growing them for the
past few years now and you get surprisingly good results here in the UK.
This growing season started off a bit iffy with the weather, but the sun has
been shining over the past few weeks and my Cayenne chilli plants have some
nice big peppers growing on them now! Can't wait to eat them later in the
summer.
I'd be interested in hearing if others enjoy growing them also.
If you are interested in chillies and hot and spicy food, I've just started
a website dedicated to chillies and spicy food. I'm also selling chilli
seeds through the site includingg the second hottest variety in the world. I
will be opening up a discussion forum on the site as well so that people can
share their growing tips and spicy recipes!

Chilli seeds are commonly available in the US, but they are hard to
grow. It's much better to start with seedlings started in a local
nursery. I've grown habeneros, cayenne, jalapenos, Hungarian wax
peppers from nurery stock. The growing season is quite long, resulting
in a "success disasater" in early September. I pickle and dry the
peppers but fresh is always betters.