Old 26-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Sue

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:45:24 -0400, The Cook
wrote:

"john" wrote:

This is my first attempt germinating and growing red bell peppers, and
jalepinos. Some are in pots, some in the ground. They have been going
for 80 days now, and no fruit yet. Some have flowered, but they have
been dropping those.

Do I keep waiting? Am I just wasting time and water here?

According to one of the books I have the best air temperature for
growing are Day, 65°F to 85°F; night, 60°F to 75°F. If your
temperatures are substantially above or below those temperatures they
probably will not set well.

Most of my peppers are doing well despite temps higher than 85.
However, two of them (no idea which colors those might be, but they're
the same) are having the same trouble as John's. Thanks for giving me
a possibility as to why.

Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."

Similar to H. G. Wells - "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
Sue