Old 26-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On 25 Jun 2005 18:59:16 -0700, "john"
wrote:

This is my first attempt germinating and growing red bell peppers, and
jalepinos. Some are in pots, some in the ground. They have been going
for 80 days now, and no fruit yet. Some have flowered, but they have
been dropping those.

What do you mean by "going"? Were they seeded 80 days ago, or
transplanted? The number of days given on a seed package is
usually an ripe fruit can be expected under optimal growing
conditions.

What is your zone, and what have the temperatures been like
there? Are you fertilizing, how much and how often? How often are
you watering? All these things can have an impact on how soon
your plants will fruit.

My garden is running about a month behind what it was this time
last year, and when I was chatting with the folks at my favorite
organic gardening store, they said their's were about a month
behind, too. Spring was just too cool around here. The ag
extension agent said he was getting a lot of reports of early
blight, too. It's not shaping up to be a very good gardening
year.

Do I keep waiting? Am I just wasting time and water here?

Patience is a virtue. Peppers can keep producing right up to the
first hard frost; unless you're in an area with a very short
season, there's still time.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"