Old 26-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On 26 Jun 2005 10:40:31 -0700, "john"
wrote:

By "going" I meant they sprouted 80 days ago (actually 85 days now).

I'm in zone 7b, and yes it was a cold spring here. I think I'm
watering enough. I have fertilized once with some stuff I had left
over from tomatoes.

I think I'd fertilize with a tomato or pepper fertilizer again.
As a matter of fact, I just put out Tomato Tone on all my peppers
and tomatoes this week. I do it about every two weeks during the
growing season. They'd produce without it, but the production is
heavier with a little help.

All the seeds are from last year store-bought produce.

You know about seeds from hybrids, right?

I have read this is a common problem with peppers (the fruit not
setting because of weather conditions). My question is whether the
plants will ever recover and eventually start producing. Besides the
fruit problem, the plants are robust.

Sure. Your first frost isn't until, what? November? That's plenty
of time, and most peppers go crazy putting out peppers in late
summer/early fall.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"