Old 26-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:02:53 GMT, Sue
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:53:49 -0400, Penelope Periwinkle
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:07:49 GMT, Sue
wrote:

I've grown green bells in the past, but this is my first year trying
red and yellow bells. I have lots of peppers, but they're all green -
so far. My problem is that I didn't label them and don't remember
which are which. So, I don't know which I can pick now and which
should sit on the plant waiting to turn color. There is *no* hint of
color (other than green, of course) on any of them.

Green bell peppers are just unripe red, yellow, orange, etc
peppers.

Are you saying that they are the same plant? Why do they sell them as
separate plants?

Where do they sell them as separate plants? I rarely buy pepper
plants locally, I like more exotic varieties, so I don't know how
they're pitching peppers now.

If you had left the peppers you grew in the past on the
plant, they would have ripened up just like the ones you're
growing right now.

I've never had this happen with the greens I've grown in the past. If
I didn't pick them, they didn't change color, they just went bad.

They were bell peppers, correct? Unless there is a variety that I
am unaware of, and with the vast number of varieties available
these days that's entirely possible, all green bell peppers are
unripe colored bells. How did yours go bad?

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"