Old 27-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Himanshu

Default Collect clippings when mowing if weeds present?

I'm in the north-east US, and I'm trying to revive a lawn that wasn't
taken of last year. In spring I overseeded with Scott's Pure Premium
(Sunny area mix - Fescue/Bluegrass/Ryegrass) seeds and the lawn is green
now, but there are weeds. Since I had seeded I have not use any
weedkiller on the lawn this year.

Dandelions are almost all gone (I kept digging them out by their roots
as I saw them), but right now there are two or three types of weeds that
I haven't controlled - one is clover (white flowers are abundant), and
the others I'm not sure what they are.

When mowing, my preference is to mulch, and I have been doing that. My
question is if there are so many weeds in the lawn, is it a bad idea to
mulch? Should I collect clippings instead of mulching?

Thanks.

--
Himanshu