Old 27-06-2005, 01:52 AM
Suzy O

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
And be sure to keep kids off the lawn for a couple of months.

Months? The typical broadleaf herbicide contains three ingredients:
dicamba, MCPP and 2,4-D. All the sources I've seen report that it's safe to
enter a treated area after the product has dried. If you have other
information, please correct me.

I should add, however, that I am not a proponent of any pesticides,
especially as a first line of defense. I did try to suggest that it's not
necessarily undesirable. But I probably should have explained why, as
clover (like many legumes) fixes nitrogen from the atmosphere to the soil,
meaning you can cut way back on fertilizer.

The OP, however, asked how to get rid of the clover. So what do you suggest
as an alternative? I'm all ears!! Sincerely.

Suzy O

"Suzy O" wrote in message
It's neither a nutrient nor a pH imbalance. Somehow clover got in with
your
lawn grasses -- sometimes people plant it cuz they want it there.
Apparently you don't. Use a broadleaf herbicide when the weather is on
the
cool side (50's or 60's) for it to be most effective.

Suzy, zone 5, Milwaukee

"Mike" wrote in message
news:1118410198.e643641dd2bab5e87f66a0dabd2c1f8c@t eranews...
We are in north NJ. The front lawn is zoysia grass and clover just
doesn't
fit in with the look we would like. I have limed and fertilized it but
still got the clover all over.
How do you figure out the nutrient/pH imbalance and what do to?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Slow down with the weird remedies. I've read in multiple agricultural
sources that clover indicates either a nutrient imbalance or a problem
with pH. Both are easy to deal with, without using any sort of chemical
nonsense (other than lime and/or the right lawn food). Where are you
located? And, what's so bad about clover?

"Mike" wrote in message
news:1118341156.e0b815b185467d1e27f653fb89b6e333@t eranews...
Hello,

Anyone know how to get rid of lots of clover from a lawn?

Also, has anyone used these books that have these home remedies for
great
lawns? I've heard of using soap, etc.

Thanks.
Mike