Old 26-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Buzzy

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:35:44 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

I'm getting tired of watering my lawn constantly, trying to keep it
half ass green in the heat and drought conditions we've been having for
the past three years or so. I was wonder what plant I could use as a
ground cover other than grass that looks good, is low growing, needs
little care, takes a bit of punishment (light foot traffic), and comes
back year after year. Living in zone 6b in beautiful Southwestern Ontario!

Is your mowest set to its highest possible level?

Also, are you allowing the grass clippings to remain in place to act
as mulch, rather than removing them?

How big is your lawn area? If you happen to have "tender" grass,
would it be economically feasible to replace it with a tough,
resistant grass?

Just my .02 from beautiful (and dry) Southern California. Watching
my water bill go up, up, up, not from lawn but from plantings sigh.

--
Aspasia

Yes, The mower is set at the highest level and yes, I do mulch
everything back into the grass. I was prefering to stay completely away
from grass itself, and low and behold, if my local newspaper didn't have
an article on 'chintz thyme' as a ground cover. They mention a few
others also. Thanks to all for the replies.

Buzzy

--
--- Buzzy's Stall Wall ---
www.buzzys.net