Old 26-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Jupiter

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:15:15 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:
In article , "Broadback"
says...

I need a lot of pebbles to cover an area of my garden. I reckon the
cheapest source would be from builders merchants, but they contain some
sand which I would like to remove. Anyone done this, I think if I made
a screen then placed some pebbles in, sprayed with water that would
work. Any other ideas welcomed.

Lay them, hose them down.

Yep, that works, the only problem then is that the sand lies between the
pebbles and any weed suppressor, giving a dood source for weeds to grow
and worms to live!

You'll get fallen leaves, various wind-borne debris and dust etc.
falling between the pebbles anyway, making a growing medium, so you
will have to give periodic attention to weed growth. I wouldn't worry
too much about the sand.