Old 26-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Tumbleweed

"Broadback" wrote in message
Rob Morley wrote:
In article , "Broadback"
says...

I need a lot of pebbles to cover an area of my garden. I reckon the
cheapest source would be from builders merchants, but they contain some
sand which I would like to remove. Anyone done this, I think if I made a
screen then placed some pebbles in, sprayed with water that would work.
Any other ideas welcomed.

Lay them, hose them down.

Yep, that works, the only problem then is that the sand lies between the
pebbles and any weed suppressor, giving a dood source for weeds to grow
and worms to live!

sand is not a food source for anything. It might help weeds root slighty
better but you'll get them growing anyway, the idea about the membrane is to
make it easy to pull them up because they havent rooted in the soil, as much
as to stop already existing weeds germinating. You'll find the cat shit will
be a much better source of food for the weeds :-(

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com