Old 27-06-2005, 03:56 AM
Noozer

Default killing off lawn organically in order to regrow

wrote in message
news:1119836218.465cb5eeba9c13bdbfde5177b6e21644@m eganetnews2...
I have a yard that is infested with creeping charlie, clover, etc. the
soil
is poor with high clay content. I want to kill off the entire lawn
without
using chemical and reseed in the fall in the hopes that I have a decent
lawn
to work with in the spring. I live in zone 4-5. any recommendation?

Yup... plow it under. Mix in some peat or other organic material to help
break up the clay a bit (I've heard that gypsum can be used - never tried
myself). Turn it over/mix it up every week or so to prevent anything left
from taking hold.