Old 27-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Himanshu said:

Dandelions are almost all gone (I kept digging them out by their roots
as I saw them), but right now there are two or three types of weeds that
I haven't controlled - one is clover (white flowers are abundant), and
the others I'm not sure what they are.

When mowing, my preference is to mulch, and I have been doing that. My
question is if there are so many weeds in the lawn, is it a bad idea to
mulch? Should I collect clippings instead of mulching?

Go ahead and mulch. The soil is full of weed seeds already. Some (likely
under-ripe) clover seeds going down to join them won't matter in the
long run. Closing in the grass canopy and preventing them from sprouting
is the long-term solution.

(attributed to Don Marti)