Old 29-10-2002, 06:26 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Attire of a Gardener in 1935!

In article ,
(Colin) writes:
| A strange, unusual request I know, but ...
|
| I am attending a 'Murder Mystery Suspense' event on Saturday and just
| found out I must dress the part and for the period, as a gardener, to
| a Lord and Lady of a Manor in the year 1935.
|
| Cloth cap, pipe and carrying a watering can? My imagination does not
| stretch very far! I tried a costume hire shop but they had not much
| idea. Any ideas of what I might wear (and how easily I might get hold
| of it quickly) would be much appreciated.
|
| I know this is not quite what URG is really about but hope folk can
| help me out here!

All clothes old, battered and probably ill-fitting (e.g. M'lord's
old shooting jackets) but usually clean.

Solid leather shoes and woollen stockings.
Twill, corderoy or similar trousers, and usually braces.
Long sleeved woollen, linen or cotton shirt with collar.
Tweed jacket and unexciting tie.
Optional cloth cap.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:

Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679