Old 27-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Warren

Daniel wrote:
Hi,
I once in a while read in gardening books that certain plants should have
"course builder's sand" mixed into the potting soil. Does anyone know
what
it is, and where to buy it. I have looked at places like Home Dept and
Lowes with no luck. Is such stuff found in building supply stores?

Are you looking in the masonry department?

I can specifically remember seeing medium and fine sand in my local Lowes
last week. I don't recall if there was course sand there or not, as that
wasn't what I was looking for at the time, but there were other sands
besides the two I remember.

The key isn't "builders". It's "course". Builders is just a clue that you'll
find the sand in the builders section, not the garden center.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/