Old 29-10-2002, 06:26 PM
Mike

Default Attire of a Gardener in 1935!

In article , Colin
writes
A strange, unusual request I know, but ...

I am attending a 'Murder Mystery Suspense' event on Saturday and just
found out I must dress the part and for the period, as a gardener, to
a Lord and Lady of a Manor in the year 1935.

Cloth cap, pipe and carrying a watering can? My imagination does not
stretch very far! I tried a costume hire shop but they had not much
idea. Any ideas of what I might wear (and how easily I might get hold
of it quickly) would be much appreciated.

Cloth Cap yes
and either a collar and tie OR a shirt with detached collar with no
collar and no tie (If that makes sense)

AND the waistcoat!!

I know this is not quite what URG is really about but hope folk can
help me out here!

Many thanks
Colin

Not sure about the watering can but if you have to have one, NOT
plastic;-))

Mike, not able to remember as he was born a year later :-))

O ruddier than the cherry, O sweeter than the berry,
O nymph more bright, than moonshine night,
like kidlings blithe and merry.
John Gay 1685 - 1732