Old 27-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Anthony Anson

The message . com
from "Totty" contains these words:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

I grew all the pips of a lemon a couple of years ago: two of the trees
are about four feet high, and the rest are from two feet down to around
nine inches. No flowers yet.

The locals tell me that lemon trees grown from pips take at least 10
years to flower....and watch out for the spines...

I'll be in me dotage!

The two big trees have long vicious spines, one of the smaller ones has
a few rather feeble ones, and the rest are spineless wimps - or they
were last time I looked.

Ah well, another seven or eight years - It'll give me time to save up
for a bottle of gin and another of Martini.