Old 11-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Cereoid+10

Default How do I root a sweet potato

No need to torture the sweet potatoes, Dandy Dan.

Just stick the rootstock in the soil in the spring and let them grow new
vines all by themselves.

Dan D. wrote in message
om...
I had 3 different varieties of decorative sweet potato vines
in hanging pots last season. When frost was right around
the corner last fall I emptied the pots and found a sweet potato
in each pot. I've left them laying on a shelf in my basement and
they seem OK. At least they are firm and not moldy.
I want to get sprouts from them for this year if I can.

How do you root a sweet potato??
Do I cut them in half and stick the cut end in a saucer
of water??
Do I stick toothpicks in them and suspend them in the top
of a jar full of water??

I think we did this as children but sheesh that's 45 years ago
and I can't remember the details.

Peace!
Dan D. Louisville KY good ole USA
http://ky-dan.com
sorry my e-mail in the headers is dead
this one will work -- kydan at myrealbox dot com