Old 28-06-2005, 01:56 AM
NoName

You don't say where you are but it sounds like one of two common lawn
funguses - either Summer Patch or Brown Patch. Both thrive in hot, humid
weather. Do a search on them to learn more. You should be able to treat
them with a lawn fungicide like Bayer Advanced Fungus Control for Lawns. As
with all products you apply to your lawn, read the instructions and apply as
indicated. By the way, and again you didn't specify your location or grass
type, applying nitrogen to fescue lawns after Feb/March (as Scott's
recommends) greatly increases the chances of fungus/disease problems.
Nitrogen should be applied in Feb/March, Sept, and November - never in late
spring or summer.

"J. M. Russo" wrote in message
In April my lawn looked like a green healthy carpet. I'm using the Scott
plan and put down the turf builder and also grub control.

For the last several months my lawn has large areas of brown dry spots.
Can anyone help me with what caused the significant change from a good
looking lawn to the current one?
I appreciate your advice.

Josie