Old 27-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Ray

"Mom" might succeed at opening the sheath, but if you are VERY careful, you
can slit the top and give her a hand.

"David K" wrote in message
Hello Everyone ,

I have been reading & picking up tips from this group , but I
have a question now .
I have been bitten by the orchid bug for about a year now , and
having fun , I even had my Cattleya Mossiae bloom this year ,just one
flower and it blew me away , I have been watching my L. Purpurata form a
sheath , and watching the buds inside develop , today the buds (there
are two) seem to be taking up the whole sheath , and there seems to be
no sign of it opening , what will I do ? let Mother Nature do her thing
? or how would I lend a hand ? .

Thanks in advance for any advice .

David