Old 27-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Kenni Judd

Generally, it's best not to mess with them. But if you see that s-bend
mentioned in a prior post ... press GENTLY against the sides of the sheath,
chances are it will pop open for you. If you have overhead watering [your
own or provided by Mother Nature], you may also want to peel it down once
it's open -- leaving just the top open creates a risk of a big "puddle"
which could rot the buds. Go slow and make sure to keep the pressure even
on both sides. Good luck, Kenni

"David K" wrote in message
Hello Everyone ,

I have been reading & picking up tips from this group , but I
have a question now .
I have been bitten by the orchid bug for about a year now , and
having fun , I even had my Cattleya Mossiae bloom this year ,just one
flower and it blew me away , I have been watching my L. Purpurata form a
sheath , and watching the buds inside develop , today the buds (there
are two) seem to be taking up the whole sheath , and there seems to be
no sign of it opening , what will I do ? let Mother Nature do her thing
? or how would I lend a hand ? .

Thanks in advance for any advice .

David