Old 28-06-2005, 06:18 AM
sherwindu

Hi Daniel,
I went the same route you did checking the building stores and garden centers. The only place
I found this coarse sand was in garden supply yards that typically
sell other things like paving stones, etc. They sell mostly to landscapers. There are
several in my area of suburban Chicago where you go with a shovel and empty sacks to huge bins
with various materials. I fill my own, and pay by the volume of
the sack.

Sherwin D.

Daniel wrote:

Hi,
I once in a while read in gardening books that certain plants should have
"course builder's sand" mixed into the potting soil. Does anyone know what
it is, and where to buy it. I have looked at places like Home Dept and
Lowes with no luck. Is such stuff found in building supply stores?

Thanks,
Dan