Old 28-06-2005, 03:54 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 01:38:09 GMT, (~Roy~) wrote:

I dunno about others but 30 PPM has always worked fine for me, as long
as there was not any fish or other critters that I wanted to survive
the doseing. It does a bang up job of cleanin gup everything and
anything at that rate

Odds are though if your not fighting a prtoblem as far as fish health
is concerned, the standard 2 ppm dose applied to the entire pond and
fish will do it all a bit of good, and probably reduce your nutrient
load and knock off the algae as well.

I don't recommend it in the pond for an algae problem, as it would be just
like an algaecide. Killing it just creates more food for the next problem
which could be worst.

As far as knocking it off the roots in a separate bucket, I add enough to
make the water a nice pretty purple... or iows, I've never measured, but it
takes very little, depending on how big your bucket is. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~