Old 28-06-2005, 02:52 PM
shazzbat

"FDR" wrote in message

"Dominic-Luc Webb" wrote in message

Now try this instead. Use twin-core speaker cable instead. The two
conductors are always separated from each other, but not by much. Shave
off
the insulation to expose the conductors and there you go. Getting the
soil
flat enough is still a problem, but not if you grow your strawbs on a
raised
bed/cradle/whatever. Then you can put the speaker cable round the legs

of
it
and wiring up will be easy.

Steve

Sheesh! Maybe put the whole darned cluster of plants in a giant bug
zapper. This will keep out all birds, cats, dogs, slugs, insects,
even children's sticky fingers.

More seriously, are there no more "natural" or botanical solutions?
I am just getting into this hobby, and even I know stories of plants
such as marigolds, etc that have been used to chase away various pests.
What eats slugs?

French people.

LOL ;-))) That must make them slug eating cheese eating surrender monkeys,
yes?

(looks over at TV, sees the celebrations of 200th anniversary of Trafalgar,
chuckles a bit)
Steve