Old 28-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Bendit

"Bendit" wrote in message
Hello. Quick question here. Scenario is new garden plot, "new" dirt mix.

Vegetable plants in there will remain very small. Some will never grow and
stay the same size for weeks. Some will even produce flowers, even if the
plant size is small. On certain plants, the leaves will "disintegrate".

Any ideas? I am thinking improper nutrients in the soil, or soil too
acidic or something like that. Any info appreciated. CHEERS!

Greetings! Please allow me to post some progress on my situation. I have
tested the pH and the N-P-K of my soil. I have used an inexpensive test kit
(called RapiTest or something). I am sure that the accuracy of that test
brand can be debated, but in my case it is quite obvious that: my pH is
somewhat ok (6.5 - 7.0) and that I have a big deficiency in N(Nitrogen). In
fact, my soil is totally depleted. I am ok with P(Phosphorus), and for some
reason have lots of K(Potash). Thanks to all that have assisted me! CHEERS!