Old 28-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Ian Gay

Dominic-Luc Webb wrote in
:

Now try this instead. Use twin-core speaker cable instead. The two
conductors are always separated from each other, but not by much.
Shave off the insulation to expose the conductors and there you go.
Getting the soil flat enough is still a problem, but not if you grow
your strawbs on a raised bed/cradle/whatever. Then you can put the
speaker cable round the legs of it and wiring up will be easy.

Steve

Sheesh! Maybe put the whole darned cluster of plants in a giant bug
zapper. This will keep out all birds, cats, dogs, slugs, insects,
even children's sticky fingers.

More seriously, are there no more "natural" or botanical solutions?
I am just getting into this hobby, and even I know stories of plants
such as marigolds, etc that have been used to chase away various
pests. What eats slugs?

Ducks.

--
*** To reply by e-mail, make double u single in address ***