Old 28-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Philip Lewis

Courageous writes:
trivial project. A friend of mine has the most elaborate water
fountain in private hands west of the mississipi. As impressive
as that sounds, the fountain really isn't that big, and it costs
more than you care to know.

any more info on this?
I'd love to see pics!

As to the physics of coherent water streams, try:
http://www.google.com/search?q=coherent+water+stream

IIRC it has to do with nozzle design and perhaps removing air.
The Carnegie Science center had/has a display. Last i saw it it was
falling into disrepair. A shame, really.

My wife and I had a tradition of waiting out the traffic when leaving
Kennywood Park at closing. We'd sit near the dancing fountain and
occationally waltz to the music. One year, they didn't play the
"final" song that they usually play. We ended up getting locked in the
park.... quite surreal actually.

--
be safe.
flip