Old 30-10-2002, 10:11 AM
DaveDay34

Default Ivy covered tree

Don't have ears? I have just been reading an article where music was
played to Tomato Plants and they cropped better!!

OK so I have ears and I work better with the right music, but what about
plants?

Mike

Cats purr, and in doing so any breaks in their bones heal more readily, and
more rapidly. This doesn't mean that cat's bones have ears.

If tomatoes crop better when they've been played music, it's almost definitely
something to do with a change in the plant on a microscopic level due to
vibrations set up by sound waves. The plant isn't 'listening' to the music.

I hope that this is clear and I've explained it in a way that's understandable.

Dave.

P.S.

The bark of trees is made up of dead cells. To Ivy, the outside surface of a
tree that's dead, and one that's alive, is indistinguishable.