Old 28-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Jim Lewis

GK wrote:
I was at a garden supply store the other day and asked if there were any
"bonsai clubs" in the area. I was told no, not to their knowledge,
although they gave me names of other garden centers that might have
information.

However, I was also told, "The problem with bonsais is, a bonsai is a
plant. And plants like to grow, and do not like small pots."

So, it sounded like there was something inherently wrong in keeping a
bonsai.

I have one bonsai currently. A Fukien Tea.

That's not allowed.

You _must_ have more than one! It's the law!

That nursery seems like a great candidate for the bonsiests'
favorite trick: Go in, buy big, 6-foot tree with great
base, pay for it. Pull out Felco clippers, chop off top 5
feet. Leave with base in pot.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of
nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you (that) the
berries are just about all gone. -- Uncle Dave Macon, musician

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++