Old 29-06-2005, 12:47 AM
simy1

Interesting. Let me mention an idea of mine. We eat huge salads (my
garden is 70% greens, though I should have planted melons this year, so
warm it is), and a main reason for me mulching everything is that with
mulch the greens are usually clean (whereas lettuce from bare soil is
inevitably muddy after a rain). But we still have to wash them some.
The quickest way is to put them in the salad spinner with water, and
spin them. But the load is then a bit heavy, and after a while the
(plastic) spinner breaks. So, a primary kitchen too for me would be a
metal salad spinner, but I can not find one.