Old 29-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Grahame

Have had a "Blaze" in Pickering for about 10 years now and some years I can
get 3 sets of blooms if the warm sunny weather lasts long enough. I always
prune back the laterals after the flowers have faded, this will promote new
flowering shoots for the next blooms. This climber needs lots of water and
spraying to reduce black spot.

"Ben Tuinman" wrote in message
. ..
We have had this climbing rose, called : Rosa Hybrid "Climbing Blaze" for

number of years. As in previous years it grows very well early in the
season, and flowers in abundance. Again this year it has a tremendous

"crop"
so to speak that are about to show its blooms, a beautiful crimson red.

Our
trouble is that despite the promise on the label that this climber should
bloom from spring to frost, it always only shows one crop of blooms during
June/July, and then stops flowering. What should we do to promote blooms
throughout the summer. Should it be pruned back in a certain way ? Right

now
we leave the canes alone, and only cut back the dead ones. Also, we train
this climber sideways along our fence, in order to guide new loots

upwards.
We live in S.Ontario, zone 5, and the climber is located in a sunny

location
of our patio. Much obliged ! Ben.