Old 29-06-2005, 12:24 AM
RichToyBox

I don't know how close the karasugoi is to the matsakawabaki or kumanru, but
both of these will change colors and patterns with temperature. My
Matsakawabaki which is mostly black, with a white pattern on the face, and
orange belly, nearly went white in the warm water last summer, then went
back to normal pattern. Does it appear to be most scales just starting to
change, or is it just in one location, as fungus would be on a wound?
--
RichToyBox

"matt" wrote in message

I recently purchased a 20 inch karasugoi (all black with orange belly)
but i bought it as a mirror carp for only £20, not a bad deal stupid
shop!! lol well he has white stuff slowly working his way up his body
what is it and how can i cure it without moving it to another
container??
also it hasnt eaten off of the surface since i got it so that means no
koi pellets, but he is taking garden worms, sweetcorn, peas, maggots,
snails and other pellets used for fishing can i get him to come up and
feed from the surface??????? i mean hes not the easiest fish to see
being black despite its size.

any help would be excellent
MATT

--