Old 30-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Kay Easton

Default Plant identification book required

In article , Martin & Anna Sykes
writes
Can anyone recommend a good plant encyclopaedia which can be used for
general plant identification.

I have the RHS Encyclopaedia but the pictures are pretty useless for the
most part. I'd like a close up picture/drawing of the leaves, flowers, seed
pods etc. for identification purposes, and an overall picture of the plant
with details about it's preferences for soil/light etc, and the recommended
methods of propagation. Most books seem to work for either a plant you have
already identified and just want to know more about, or for finding a plant
to suit a situation. Both are useful but not what I need.

have a look at some of the Roger Phillips books
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/