Old 29-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Janet Tweedy

Default Lavenders where to buy

Norfolk lavender have stopped mail order for the summer but I'd like to
buy several varieties of angustifolia for my new pergola.

I don't trust ordinary garden centres as many have used seed to
propagate their varieties as opposed to cuttings from named plants,
which means you may not get the true named lavender.

Apart from Norfolk lavender does anyone have experience of reliable
(i.e. plants labelled correctly) lavender growers by mail order.

I wondered about Jersey Lavender who also hold a national collection so
should be good at identification.
I'd like to collect all the angustifolia varieties.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph