Old 29-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Chris_Moran contains these words:

Anyways - If yer tap water's no good just use some good, healthy
Scottish mineral water ;-)

I wish! What comes out of my tap IS good healthy Scottish mineral
water, from a limestone bore deep under a rural island, deserted
hillside, with zero chance of industrial, agricultural or human
pollution. Sadly, it's then contaminated with an EEC dose of chlorine
added at the public water-destruction works. Smells and tastes like
swimmingpool.

We filter all our drinking and cooking water, and the water used on
houseplants.

People here who still enjoy a chemical-free private water supply have
just been told that if they supply it to the public (paying guests or
clients) it must comply with EEC standards, determined by an annual
test at the owner's expense (£600).

Janet. (Isle of Arran)