Old 29-06-2005, 03:56 PM
FardinA

Default Weed control for a year old lawn

Hi,
My year old lawn is lowly being overcome by weeds (broad leaf). I have
tried not to use chemicals. I have just hand picked the weeds. But
looks like, it is not working OK. I have bought the Killex weed killer
in a concentrated form. The bottle can be connected to the water hose.
I have applied the Kilex by letting water goes through the hose. I did
not open the tap water 100% because at 100% water flow, the weed killer
(diluted) was coming off too much. Make the story short, the weeds are
still alive and keep populating. I shoudl mention that after 5-8 hours
I applied the killer, my lawn got a good deal of shower.
1- Is it really important not to have rain at least for 6 hours as what
the Killes bottle shows?
2- Do I have to open up the tap water at its full blast to get a good
amount of Killex?
3- Do you have any other solution to get rid of weeds?
I am living in Canada (Zone 3).

Tnanks for your help