Old 29-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Charles the baby crusher Paisley

RicSeyler wrote:
Had a friend recommend trying here to get a couple suggestions on a pool
problem.
My mother's pool has terrible algae stains on the vinyl liner of her
gunnite pool.

My mother gets the same thing.. (at 70 she pays little attention to it
and if I'm not around for a couple weeks blammmo!)

Don't know her pool size but my moms is 30foot kidney shape.. I would
guess that your water chemist isn't up to scratch either, that or his
test kit is old or not calibrated well most pool supply places will
test your water for a nominal fee and then sell you all sorts of stuff
you probably don't need.

... first add baking soda five or more pounds (it wont hurt to over do
it a bit)

get a real algicide algymycin works well (shock does work but not
nearly as well) after two days of that vaccuum to drain to get all the
dead algea out (it does a great job of cloging the filter). As an aside
even the highest quality stabilized chlorine can "go off" over time so
unless what you are using is new then it might be best to toss it.. or
at least add an aditional stabilizer.

then continue to watch the pH ..

or stop the chlorine all togther and just add koi ... if it was my pool
that would be my choice...grin