Old 29-06-2005, 07:34 PM
ronm

I would try a good vinyl liner cleaner. But I doubt you will get it all out
if its stained. At best it will make it look passable. If not it may be
easier just to stain the entire bottom of the liner a darker colour . Maybe
not possible if the bottom is contoured and not flat.

"RicSeyler" wrote in message
Had a friend recommend trying here to get a couple suggestions on a pool
problem.
My mother's pool has terrible algae stains on the vinyl liner of her
gunnite pool.
After hurricane Ivan the pool sat dormant. Now there is what I can only
assume
is algae (I am an old SPS reef tank guy) all over the bottom. I tried
scrubbing with
a stiff brush but that has just about no effect. Her neighbor is supposed
to be watching
the chemical balance, but I don't think he has a handle on it.

Is there anything I can do to get this stuff off?? Any suggested product
or technique?

One suggestion I got from another group was to put Shock in a tube sock,
tape the sock
closed and attach to the pole and rub the liner (watching for excessive
bleaching of the liner).

Here is a link to a pic. You can see it on the steps and the bottom. It
almost looks like cyano but
doesn't brush off.

http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/r/.../algaepool.jpg

I know water testing, I just have to look up what the parameters and what
to test for.
I'm assuming Chlorine, Ph, CAL/Hardness.

Link to my reef tank Hurricane Ivan took :-(
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/r/...yler/side4.jpg

--
Ric Seyler