Old 29-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Kay contains these words:
In article , Miss Perspicacia Tick
writes

As you state, they're (fairly) docile creatures
(unlike the common wasp which seems to sting with gay abandon for
absolutely
no reason whatsoever).

I've never found that with wasps. Whenever I've been stung, it's because
I've inadvertently hit, knelt on or done something else to the wasp
which it could quite reasonably consider to be a threat.

Oh, I have. Just walking, and nowhere near its nest (I knew where that
was, so avoided it), and this wasp just flew towards me, landed, stung,
and flew off.

Nasty small variety, a bit smaller than the usual, but not a solitary wopse.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/