Old 30-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Stubby

tenplay wrote:

Our front lawn looks pretty nice except for a couple of bald areas,
where one sees mainly dirt. What is the best way to patch the areas
with grass? Would spreading grass seed and fertilizer on those areas
work well? We live in Western Washington. Thanks.

I mix up some potting soil, starter fertilizer and grass seed in my
garden cart. At each bar spot I use a 3-tined cultivator to rough up
the ground, apply some of the mixture, stamp it down. And then water,
water, water. The potting soil has a lot of peat moss in it so it
holds the water fairly well, but grass seed must be kept damp in order
to sprout.