Old 30-06-2005, 02:45 AM
Gus Absey

I am in Central California
Gus
"Cereus-validus....." wrote in message
. ..
Where on the planet are you, Gustav?

"Gus Absey" wrote in message
news
Hello
I have a rather odd problem with 2 flower beds around my house. For the
past 4 years they have grown volumnous petunias. This year I have

planted
petunias at least 4 times in 1-1/2 months. What happens is that lets

say
1
week or so after I plant them they suddenly and I mean 1-2 days will

wilt
up
and brown up to a crisp. I have even replaced the soil in them with
fresh.
i have tested the soil and the PH is right on at 7.2. I have mock orabge
bushes, sago palms and Lily of the Nile growing in the same beds, also I
have purple Lobelia in there and some old Pansies. They are all doing
extremely well. I have purchased Petunias from 3 different nurseries,

all
die. They get plenty of water also. Some lasted 2-3 weeks but most

were
gone in 1-2 weeks. I am stumped... can anyone help or advise me? could

it
be
some sort of Fungus? I just don't know
Thanks