Old 29-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Kenni Judd

Vic: We do customer repotting here at our place, too. There are several
reasons why people choose to pay us for the service rather than doing it
themselves:

1. Some are timid -- still laboring under that "fragile" delusion. I do
assure you it's a delusion; check out the Belize link on our site and see
that burnt Cyrtopodium putting out tons of new growth if you still have
doubts.
2. Some, who have full-time careers and only a few orchids, find it more
cost-effective, or at least convenient, to pay us to do it than to shop for
and store all the stuff to do it with. It's hard to buy just exactly what
you need to repot 2-3 plants.
3. Some are just plain lazy, or don't want to endanger their manicures.
4. On the larger plants [not Phals, generally, they're easy, but BIG Catts
or Dens], some of our older customers just flat can't do it. I can
symphathize on this last one. We had a specimen skinneri come in last year
(I wouldn't have divided it except the middle was rotting) that turned into
1 20" basket, several 10" pots, and a few smaller pots. I had to get a
stronger person to help with that one, myself.

Good growing, Kenni

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:52:23 -0400, "Kenni Judd"
wrote:

Do I have to pick a specific date if I choose 2015 as the date of death?
You are obviously still laboring under the delusion that orchids are
fragile/delicate ... Kenni

wrote
Nah, we'll be generous and let you have all of 2015. g

I hope it's a delusion, but as I've said before, I've never heard of
people taking other plants out for "professional" repotting until I
started reading r.g.o.
--Vic