Old 30-06-2005, 02:22 AM
Gail Futoran

"Brendy" wrote in message

I'm replanting, and I want to plant roses. I think red would be a nice
colour. Can anyone give me the name of a red rose, (nice smelling) Or
recommend one to me. I'm told it's better to plant just the one block
of colour for the wow factor. Also any tips on how to control
greenfly? Thanks alot Brendy

--
Brendy

Where are you? What kind of soil do you have?
Preferences for short or tall or inbetween plants?
Do you get the requisite 6 hours of sun daily or
something less.

Hybrid Tea form or something else? Modern or
old garden rose? There are literally hundreds of
red roses - without knowing more about your situation
and preferences, it's hard to recommend a rose.

Or go to
www.helpmefind.com
and do a search on roses by color. Maybe you'll
see something you like.

Alternatively, check local nurseries and/or botanic
gardens to find out what works best for your area.

Re planting one block: I have 150 roses and no
more than three copies of any one variety. So I
don't go with the "one block of color" approach,
but that's a personal choice.

Re greenfly: Sorry, don't get it, don't know how to
control it.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8