Old 29-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Serena Blanchflower

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:51:00 +0100, Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

Kay wrote:

Is it obvious? Someone posted here the other day saying, IIRC, that
unlike honey bees, bumbles don't leave their sting behind.

Actually, Kay, it's a common misconception. Honey bees do not leave their
stings, bumbles do.

Not so I'm afraid. As an ex-beekeeper, I can promise you that honey
bees do leave their stings in you; I've had to scrape out more stings
than I care to think of! I don't know about bumbles though.

--
Cheers, Serena
Sometimes I sits and thinks ... and sometimes I just sits. (Punch