Old 30-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Jupiter contains these words:

I know a lady doctor who tells a painful tale of the bloke who claimed
he was vacuuming the stairs with a Hoover Dustette, déshabillé, and who
sustained dreadful injuries to - um - well, to have fitted, it *MUST*
have been a bit of a weed...

..to keep on topic.

New Scientist circa 1982.

Probably happened a number of times - this particular doc was a hospital
doctor, and was I think, in A&E at the time.

Mind you, it could well have been the same chopp - er - chopping.

Some of those devices have a fan inside with nasty sharp metal blades.
People should check the clearance before inserting things (or
accidentally sucking them in whilst vacuuming the stairs).

Hoover Dustette vanes aren't particularly sharp, but they do whizz round
at (IIRC) 1400 rpm.

I think it's part of the Darwin syndrome.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/