Old 29-06-2005, 10:25 PM
THURSTON ACKERMAN

Default tomato from seed

FamilyNet Newsgate

JMOne of my tomato plants is looking especially productive. I want to try
JMto grow another from its seeds. Yet I have no idea how to save them.
JMCan I just dry them in the sun? What will damage them?

I am having some very good results from some Rutgers Select
seeds I saved from last years fruit (dispite not much spring
and a early hot muggy summer for us here in eastern New England)

I spread the seeds on paper in the shade of our back porch until
dry enough to remove from any fruit meat. When fully dried I put
them in an envelope in an open glass in the refrigerater to mock
wintering.

I have had considerable success planting the seeds in potting soil
in small plastic drinking containers with small drain holes in the
bottoms until planting in outside garden which gets about 5 hours
sunlight per day, when there were at least two real leaf branchings
on each stalk. Used miracle-gro fertilizer every couple of weeks
and will add about a tablespoon of epson salts per gallon of water
when blossoms develope, to help them set fruit.

Good gardening

Ciao, Ack.

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ Electical engineers do it til it Hz

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.fmlynet.org