Old 30-06-2005, 12:40 PM
kate7 kate7 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Blanchflower
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:29:02 +0100, Kay wrote:

I've never found that with wasps. Whenever I've been stung, it's because
I've inadvertently hit, knelt on or done something else to the wasp
which it could quite reasonably consider to be a threat.

Same here. I remember one year, I had a wasps' nest which had its
front door opening into my conservatory, which I used as a utility
room. The air in there was always thick with wasps but despite
regularly going back and forth through the throng, whenever I was
doing any laundry, I was never stung.

--
Cheers, Serena
Generally speaking, it is inhumane to detain a fleeting insight. (Fran

Whenever I need to remove a wasp I put a smidgen of Jam on my finger to get it to hop on, then once outside, gently wipe the jam onto a window sill or something.
The wasp invariably stays with the jam and and I've never been stung. I think they smell fear though, which could explain a lot.....