Old 30-06-2005, 11:25 AM
JW

"Daniel" dcxdan AT yahoo DOT com wrote:

I once in a while read in gardening books that certain plants should have
"course builder's sand" mixed into the potting soil. Does anyone know what
it is, and where to buy it. I have looked at places like Home Dept and
Lowes with no luck. Is such stuff found in building supply stores?

Possibly British books? Builders sand IS the sand that is available at
any builders merchant/yard.. Probably your Home Depot or our B&Q or
Homebase..

Its medium to course grained & used for mix in sand/cement mixes
(concrete) and is usually relatively untreated (compared to say, washed
sands or 'silver' play sands)

JimW